Increase Your Phoenix Home’s Outdoor Living Space With A UNIQUE Paver Patio
As the weather in the Valley of the Sun begins to cool off for the next few months, residents are eager to get back outdoors. And one of the best ways to enjoy the beautifully mild winter weather is from your new UNIQUE paver patio. This addition will not only provide a great place to relax, but it can substantially increase the amount of functional living space you enjoy during the spring, fall, and winter months. To make the most of your investment in additional patio space, call 480-969-1911, or click here to schedule a free consultation with a design professional from the UNIQUE Companies.
This multi-size paver pattern is perfect for added living space around this pool and spa combo
Why Choose UNIQUE
At the UNIQUE Companies, we understand that a new patio or patio extension represents a significant financial investment. And we also know that unless the patio is installed correctly, homeowners will quickly see the surface begin to sink, sag, deteriorate, and fail. That is why all of our patio installations start with a solid sub-base or footer. This step will not be immediately visible when you are enjoying your new patio. But over the years, you will come to appreciate it more and more. The expansive soil in Arizona can create massive issues under any paved surface that is not constructed on a solid, professionally designed, and installed sub-base.
We Know What Works
In addition to having the most skilled craftsmen in the industry, we also have the smartest. Over the years, our crews have learned that some precise guidelines must be followed to build a patio that will last for decades. So every paver patio that we install is built on the following:
- 4 – 6” compacted ABC sub-base-this sub-base is made of inorganic engineered soil and compacted to 95% using a plate compactor and the proper water and soil mixture
- only ½” of sand is applied to the sub-base to ensure that the pavers sit perfectly level and maintain proper drainage
- after laying the pavers, patios are sanded with polymeric “stabilized” joint sand-this is the final but very critical step to provide adequate stabilization and longevity of the sanded grout
You Have Many Options
Many homeowners shy away from paver patios because they have a mental image of a drab brown patio. But thanks to some significant advances in masonry products, you have a myriad of colors, textures, and designs for your new patio.
- Traditional Pavers: Standard pavers offer many color choices, as well as a variance in the size and shape of the paving stones. These are not the brick-like rectangles that you see in old English gardens. The earth tones ranging from light tan and grey to more vivid orange and red hues. And the slight texture on the surface provides sure footing even in areas prone to moisture, like around your pool or spa.
- Travertine Pavers: If you love the look and feel of the travertine tile inside your home, then you should consider travertine pavers for your patio as well. The most significant benefit of travertine pavers is that they will be cooler than their more traditional masonry counterpart pavers in the heat of the summer. The colors range from very light tans to more bold browns and even gold tones. But much like the travertine inside your home, these pavers can become slippery when wet.
To learn more about what sets UNIQUE apart from all other Phoenix contractors and why our paver patios are superior, call 480-969-1911 or click here to request a free design consultation.